Use the form below to search for documents in the NPRI web containing specific words or combinations of words. After you hit 'seek,' the text search engine will respond with a weighted list of matching documents, with better matches shown first. Each list item is a link to a matching document; if the document has a title it will be shown, otherwise only the document's file name is displayed. A brief explanation of the query language can be found underneath the search box, along with examples.
Queries can be formed from simple expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and grouped with parentheses. You can also use the wild card character '*' if it designates the remainder of a word. For example:
- Elephant tusks
- finds documents containing 'Elephant' or 'tusks'
- Elephant OR tusks
- same as above
- Elephant AND tusks
- finds documents containing both 'Elephant' and 'tusks'
- Elephant NOT tusks
- finds documents containing 'Elephant' but not 'tusks'
- (Elephant NOT tusks) and Donkey
- finds documents containing 'Donkey', plus 'Elephant' but not 'tusks'
- finds documents containing words starting with 'Don', such as 'Donkey', 'Donald' and 'Donkey-Kong.'